Thursday, May 5, 2011

WOW! What a horrible last several weeks that we have had.




The week after we got back from the Disney Cruise the girls went back into the hospital to have back surgery. Thought it would be just a normal surgery with a quick recovery, like most of the other ones. Well that wasn't the case. They didn't get any infections, which is excellent, but the pain Kendra had was really bad! She was on high doses of pain meds. I was getting very frustrated with the hospital because they refused to give her the right amount of pain meds. Kendra has had so many surgeries that she needs about 2-3 times, more than other kids her same age and weight. Took some bugging to get the stuff she needed. She was on pain meds for about 2 weeks straight and around the clock. I got very little sleep, she would wake-up screaming and needing more pain pills. I would give her what she needed and lay in bed with her to get her back to sleep. Kendra was getting very sick of staying home, so I took her back to school which was the very best thing for her. She started back doing physical therapy and the pain went away within a couple of days. Her incision is still healing and looks great!




Maliyah had surgery the same day as Kendra. She recovered very quickly. But was have a lot of pain over her kidney and bladder, so we just took her to the doctor. But this time it was so weird because it wasn't showing she had a UTI. But she was in so much pain we couldn't figure out what was going on. So I made an appointment with the urologist. He thought the best thing to do was scope her bladder to see what was causing the pain. He still could figure it out. He just decided to send her home on Tylenol because the surgery wasn't suppose to be painful. When I saw her she was crying in pain. I had them give her more pain medicine not just tylenol and that didn't help. She was still screaming. It had been more than an hour and half. I called Jake to come and help me, I was very upset but he couldn't. Jake had just taken off the week before. So I just went back into her room held her hand and tried not to cry. She got home and threw-up which is normal. But than the next day she couldn't stop throwing up. We tried everything. Jake took Maliyah to the ER and I had to take Courtney to her dance performance that was the same day. They admitted her after 8 hours in the ER and she stayed there through Easter, IV fluids are just the best thing in the world. She is doing so much better now and her kidney is recovering well too.




We are so glad that we went on vacation before all of this stuff happened because we were more relaxed.




The girls are both getting new "robot legs" done again. This time everything seems to be moving faster. The girls also have grown so much, they are getting new crutches and walkers. I have been working on getting the girls new equipment since October 2010, such a pain.




Courtney is doing well. She is trying out for the dance company this year. I'm sure she will do great! She has been begging for a cellphone for several months now. Not sure if she needs one yet, maybe when she makes the dance team she can have one. She will be away from home more and I would like her to be able to call me whenever. Courtney says that a lot of her friends already have them. She is only in 5th grade, blows my mind!




Justin and Austin are just great little gentleman! :) They are so kind to people, always holding the doors open for others, they are so helpful too. But boy do they give their teacher a run for her money. They are handfuls! But such cute ones. They have won everyone of their soccer games so far. I haven't seen one yet.




Austin is just sweet all the time. He knows how to get what he wants. If he walks into a room and sees me he will run over and give me a big hug, then is says," I haven't given you a hug in awhile".




I just finished up my finals for this semester. I'm glad to get a couple of weeks off before school starts for me this summer.




This last weekend Jake got a call from his work telling him that there had been a shooting at one of the branches of his work. A women's ex-husband walked into her work and shot his ex-wife 5-7 times with a shotgun killing her. They had just gotten divorced a coupe of months before this happened. It really scared everyone in his company. They found the man in North Vegas in a hotel room. He had shot myself with the same gun. She leaves behind two children and two grandchildren. Jake was the last person she had emailed an hour before she was killed. Jake didn't sleep much for several nights. The funeral is on Friday for the women and he haven't heard when the man's funeral will be. Jake doesn't think there will be one.




As you can tell there was more than little things happening over these last several weeks.


Have a great day. :)




The Herrin's

No comments:

Post a Comment