Monday, May 4, 2009

There are many people in the world I admire for there strength and love towards others. But the ones I most admire are people that are real with the ones around them. Its a very difficult thing to stand up for something you believe in or something that you want so bad but wouldn't be good for your family. As I read your emails it touches my heart that some of you struggle through some of the things I write about in my book. I was at lunch with a friend of mine today, we both got pregnant at an early age. She talked about how she tried not to remember that time in her life, but when she was reading my book those emotions came flooding back to her. The best thing I have ever done in my life was marry Jake, have 5 beautiful children and than be able to write a book I know that my children will be so proud of when they are older. There are so many things we each face in our lives, but I know that I can get through mine because I have a great family.

I wanted to share this message that was left on our guestbook. Everyone has trails in life some more than others. I am just glad that people are willing to share them with me and my family.

Erin-I got your "heart in print" on Friday and read the entire book without stopping. I was touched by so many thoughts and feelings that you put to paper. You really shared your personal life with those of us who have been so impacted by your story. I feel like I know you and I wish I lived closer. I would love to do anything I can to help. Thank you for opening up your heart and life to us. I'm sure a lot of it was difficult to live through the first time and writing it had to bring back a flood of emotions. I had to have a box of tissues to get through the book. I, too, am a mom and respect and admire what you did. I would have chosen the same path. I have, also, struggled with my marriage and continue to do so now, and pray that the Lord gives me strength and direction. Thank you, again. I love you and your family. You are my inspiration!!

No comments:

Post a Comment