Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I had a meeting with the girls teacher today and also the SE director. We updated some of the plans for Kendra and Maliyah. Kendra is up to grade level on all of her work, so we just added goals for PT. Maliyah, on the other hand, is struggling and is not 100% at grade level, but she is working very hard. I will be getting the kids tutors this summer, so they don't fall behind. In someways I can't wait for summer to come, but then I am worried we won't have enough things to entertain the kids. I think most moms worry about that with their kids. I plan on putting the kids in swimming lessons. I really wished I had help taking the kids to the zoo and things like that. I am very creative so I will find a way. The girls were so excited today about stamping their books. They watched TV and got the books done. They were laughing and having a great time. They want me to read the book to them. I have read that book hundreds of times and still can't make it through without crying. We will see if I am brave enough.:) We got the results of Courtney competitions: Jazz they got 1st place, Lyrical 1st and Show Hip Hop 2nd. Justin and Austin are doing very well. They have a field trip tomorrow that I am going on. It will be so much fun. We are riding a train.

6 comments:

  1. Thankyou for updating. Have fun at your field trip boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! I'm looking forward to summer with my kids too. There's just so much to do and so little time it seems.
    Enjoy the train outing! Toot Toot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read your post about the summer, I have a daughter who is a nurse and lives in SLC. My younger daughter is a student at BYU and may be spending the summer in SLC (she is a CNA). They both babysat when in high-school and both are very good with young children. Depending on what job the younger one gets, she may have enough time in her schedule to help out on outtings and or help keep the children entertained. She has her own transportation. Maybe we can get you together when she knows more of her schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe Courtney could read the book to the girls?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll bet you could get a volunteer who would LOVE to spend time with you and your kids! How about contacting local colleges that have an early childhood development/education program? College students always need experience in their field. You could be doing the right student a real favor. Good luck Erin, you rock lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would be glad to help if we lived closer. I have 2 boys one is almost 6 and the other is 1 1/2. We usually dont do much as i dont have anybody to go with.It's hard enough with my two i could just imagine with 5 it would be even harder. Congrats to Courtney on Dance maybe we could see some pics and video of her dances sometime?

    ReplyDelete