Thursday, August 22, 2013

First Day of School

I can't believe our summer is all gone.  I hate this time of year.  Its stressful trying to figure out how to juggle everything carpool, homework, extra curricular activities, and my gym time.  The gym for me is a HUGE time-out from the world. it really helps me.  I can disconnect from everything and everyone especially my nemesis MY CELLPHONE!  It never stops ringing, receive text messages, emails etc.  I was on the freeway the other day and I seriously thought about throwing it out the window.  Just a laps in judgement, it still safe.

I hope some of you saw the Oprah: Where are they now? that was on Sunday night.  The show did a great job bringing Kendra and Maliyah's personality out.  I was just so proud of my family.  They have all come such along way.  We love them all so much!

The day before school started it truly felt like Christmas Eve, the kids were so excited to see their friends again.  It makes me so happy when my kids are happy and excited about something. Especially when it comes to learning. :)

The girls are at the older school where  Courtney is.  Kendra and Maliyah wouldn't let Jake and I walk them into the school.  It was a bitter/sweet moment knowing that the girls wanted more independence, but also excited looking back because they have confidence in who they are.  I just have to say what a HUGE blessing it is.  I must of done something right. :)  We had to take the girls picture in the van on the way to school.

Justin and Austin were put in separate classes for the first time this year.  So far, so good.  Its interesting how different girls and boys are. And how girls emotions are very sensitive and boys just roll with it. Justin and Austin so far are enjoying being in different classes.  I try not to talk about it to much, I don't want to make them nervous about anything.

Have a great day.

Love,
The Herrin's

No comments:

Post a Comment