Sunday, April 12, 2009

Disneyland Vacation

WE never know what tomorrow brings, so we have to live for today! The last several months have been difficult as I am sure you all have read. It seemed to be one thing after the next. I decided that Kendra's hernia surgery could wait until this summer. They girls are both going to be having back surgery soon. I was trying to hold off until this summer, but we will see. Maliyah is doing AWESOME right now. I am so proud of her. She is one strong little girl. We just got back from Disneyland. It wasn't suppose to be a Disney trip, but turned into one. It was very tiring. The kids had such a good time, Jake and I were very tired from all the walking and pushing of strollers. The beach was just amazing and it felt so good to be away from the medical stuff for a week. I just hope we can extend the surgeries and hospital stays to this summer. Courtney and I are leaving for St. George on Friday. It will be a fast trip!! We are staying with Jake's brother it make things cheaper. Courtney's competition is on Saturday, I hope early in the morning so that we can get home. Jake's sister is getting married on the 18th of April and would love to go and see that. Justin and Austin are getting so big and talking so much. I am so excited for the all of you to see the documentary on TLC. The kids were so cute when we were filming. The fitting for the girls "robot legs" went very well. They were so brave and Kendra was excited for the new step in her life. Maliyah is a little nervous for her "leg". Everything in Maliyah's own time. We have so much work this summer to help them to use their legs and get them moving. I really hope they aren't discouraged with the difficulty of using their new legs. I really want things to go really easy for them. They really need a break!!!

11 comments:

  1. Erin,I'm glad you had a week off and I'm more than glad to hear good news about Maliyah. She was so sick in winter. She really is a strong one - and beautiful. I hope things are going well for all of you and Courtney's competition will be great, too. Love from germany,
    Angela Roemelt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, you are doing so great!
    I reall admire your power and how you keep survey of all the needs your kids have. Glad, you all had a little break though it was tiring for Jake and you.
    Keep my fingers croosed for the plans ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy news all the way around. Ms.shyla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, they do need a break. Hopefully things will go well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They do need a break, as do you. Have fun with Courtney :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was great looking at your vacation pictures. Everyone looked like they were having a lot of much-deserved fun! What a relief to see Maliyah doing so well! She is so strong.
    Someone please remind me when the TLC documentary is going to be.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why do the girls need back surgery again if they had it last year?

    ReplyDelete
  8. They have to have their rods expanded every six months or so as they grow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good grief, so the medical stuff will remain a close companion for the coming years. All the more important to have such breaks like the Disneyland vacation for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mary Bullard said;

    I think it is truly wonderful and a blessing to watch Maliyah and Kendra progress everyday in their new life. They are 2 precious girls and very beautiful. All of your children are a real blessing to me as I watch and hear about their everyday activities. You and your husband are wonderful parents in the way that you take care of your children and love them. You are so strong and the Lord has truly blessed you with these beautiful children. I am so looking forward to watching Maliyah and Kendra with their new leg and how they progress. My day is wonderful in every way because of these girls and how strong they have been and always will be. The same for your other children. All of your children are wonderful and beautiful and so are you both as parents.

    May the Lord bless and keep all of you under his wing always.

    Love and Prayers always.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Erin, and Jake
    I am the oldest of five siblings so when I babysit I sometimes just want to quit. They are all different ages and they all have different needs. I admire you for being so positive even when times are ruff.

    ReplyDelete